Situated in beautiful grounds within the tranquillity of Talbot Woods, Bournemouth, St Bridget's welcomes clients with a home from home caring environment, offering comfortably furnished rooms, all with washing facilities and television.
Realising that care in later life is a serious issue likely to affect us all, St Bridget's strives to achieve maximum enjoyment and wellbeing amongst all it's residents.
Maintaining the ethos of ‘freedom of choice'; there are no fixed visiting hours, and independence is encouraged wherever possible with residents being invited to decide where they would like to spend their day, and what time they would like to get up and go to bed. The lounge provides a homely atmosphere in which to relax, read, watch television, or enjoy the regular social activities and music.
Care Homes in Bournemouth
On fair weather days residents are encouraged to appreciate our lovely garden and its walkways. A daily choice of menu offers appetising home cooked meals that cater for individual diets and needs.
St Bridget's provides 24 hour care for the elderly, respite, and care of the terminally ill. High priority is placed on staff training and safety thus ensuring an excellent standard of care; all of our staff having being carefully selected and fully trained care staff achieving NVQ Care Levels II, III and IV.
Services and facilities within the home include the following:-
- Visiting Ministers of all Faiths, General Practitioner, physiotherapist, dietician, and other medical services
- The Chiropodist / Manicurist, hairdresser
- Nurse call and modern fire alarm system throughout the home
- Walk in lift to first floor
- Specially adapted baths and patient hoists
- Portable telephone
Residential Care Home
St Bridget's second Residential Home is also situated in Talbot Woods, Bournemouth.
The home provides residential care, and accepts residents in Categories level I, II and III.
The care home is a friendly place and residents are encouraged to remain as active as possible with regular entertainment, including bingo, dominoes, music and quizzes, and the St Bridget's mini bus is available for outings.
There are 10 pleasantly furnished single rooms, but residents are welcome to bring along their own possessions or even small pets should they wish.
Most residents at St Bridgets are permanent ones, although short term care, respite and assessment periods are also possible from our Residential Care Home Bournemouth
- Modern fire alarm system
- Day care facilities by arrangement
- Walk in lift to first floor
- Services of the District Nurse
- Resident's call system
- No fixed visiting hours, and friends and relatives are encouraged to visit as often as possible, as are Ministers of all faiths
- Home cooked healthy appetising meals and all special dietary requirements catered for
- Possibility of accommodating small pets
- Short care and assessment periods welcomed
- Entertainment including bingo, dominoes, music and quizzes
- St Bridget's mini bus available for outings.
- Personal services including hairdressers, chiropodist, optician, dentist, library and mobile fashion agent, all available at reasonable cost.
- Communal facilities with spacious television lounge, and easy access to peaceful and secluded patio and garden